Palace of Brigades Gardens
Opened for the public in the weekend
The park opens to the public for free every weekend (09: 00-16: 00 in the months of October-April and 09: 00-20: 00 in the months of May-September).
Brigade Palace Park as an integral part of the Great Lakes Park. The palace is not only one of the largest parks, but is unique with exotic greenery and is considered by the best achievements and achievements in our country for environmental architecture.
The surface of the Brigade Palace complex is 74 ha. The greening of the complex is supported by Pietro Porcinai's green project (one of the most prominent post-war European designers) and the Zgaravatti brothers project in 1935.
The largest part of the complex is Park-Park with a surface area of 64 ha. Planting in the Forest - Park were done between 1937-1945. In the complex are planted about 70 species of trees and decorative bushes. This includes vegetation with all year round greenery and temporary greenery. Forest - Park is depicted by the paved-paved pathway. The complex also has a grass surface of 52,000 m2, an area of вЂ <вЂ <10,000 m2 and 1500 m2.
The initial design destination of the Brigade Palace complex has been to serve as the royal palace for King Zog. The palace was designed by the Italian architect Julio Berte and was built during 1936-1941. During the construction, the project underwent profound changes by the Italian architect Gherardo Bosio, moving from the "late deco" style to the style of "monumental rationalism".
The Brigade Palace is the only royal palace in the world built in this architectural style. The building of the Palace was funded by public funds and all the materials were brought from Italy.
The palace was inaugurated in May 1941 during the visit of King Victor Emmanuel III to Albania. During the Italian invasion period, the palace served as the residence of the King's Vicar, and from 1943 to 1944 the complex also served as the headquarters of the National Assembly. During the period of Socialism (1945-1991), the facility was used for reception and state ceremonies, functions still performed today.